Sunday 9 November 2008

Armenia's "special women" - new blog

[...] “I am a woman who is not accepted by the society,” out of all the women I photograph for this story, none would say this or anything similar. Yet every time any of them walks along the street people look with amazement.

When I would see one of them in the streets I would look at them just as everyone else would. There was strange interest and respect I felt towards them, so I decided to get to know them closer, talk to them, and photograph them for memory. [...]

Anush Babajanyan's photoblog

*UPDATE (3 July 2013): link above is no longer working. However, all the pictures and photostory is available on Anush Babajanyan's website.

*thanks to GVO for the link

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anush used to run The Armenian Patchwork for Transitions Online. Known her for a number of years from rock circles here.

She's a special girl too. Tranquil yet excited personality and interested in covering sub-cultures here. We definitely need that.

Looking forward to seeing more of her work on her new blog.

artmika said...

I liked The Armenian Patchwork. Sad, it was discontinued... Me too, look very much forward to Anush's more posts on her new blog!

Anush Babajanyan said...

thanks guys for posting, and as I told Onnik the Armenian Patchwork is soon hopefully to evolve into two Caucasus blogs, one of them on subcultures....
this new photoblog is where I'll be posting my personal observations and photostories....

artmika said...

Great, Anush! Happy to see you are back. Look forward to new entries from you.