Sunday 3 May 2009

Pink: "I'm not embarrassed about being bisexual. This is who I am."

UPDATE: Pink now denies reports by a British tabloid that she came out as bisexual. She did it first via her Twitter page, then via her rep telling NYDN that the interview was "entirely fabricated". Oh well, to be honest I do not think Pink would have been afraid of coming out if she is indeed bisexual. So probably she is straight. In any case, she spoke out against homophobia and for gay rights in past.
***

"I'm not embarrassed about being bisexual. This is who I am. Love is pure and I try to keep it that way. This is who I am, what I feel. "I think it's unnecessary to draw the subject out, but I think it even more stupid not to discuss it. It seems as if bisexuality is a trend and I should whip up the masses. Well, I don't believe in trends, I just believe in me."

"My love knows no colour, no gender, no fuss."

"I speak my mind, I sing about everyday stuff such as homosexuality and sadly the homophobia that always comes with it."

Pink, speaking to the News Of The World

Apparently, this is the first time she is speaking out so openly and straightforwardly about her sexuality. I love Pink! She is an inspiring singer. A singer who is great both on-stage and off-stage.

*source of photo - Pink's website

No comments: